39 Flats, Wca Warehouse, Redcliff Wharf, Bristol
This was the first concrete-framed building in Bristol (1905) and had many problems associated with that construction. An inventive plan allowed an economic conversion into social housing, with the complex servicing integrated around the existing elements of the handsome original building.
Detailed negotiations with English Heritage and Bristol City Council ensured a positive approach to the reuse of this Grade II listed building.
Bristol Churches Housing Association
DB Russell Ltd
Civic Trust Commendation 1998