The Market House, Castle Cary, Somerset
The Market House, in the heart of Castle Cary, was built in 1855. The town council wanted to open up the ground floor to increase public use without compromising the building. This involved considerable consultation with the public, the local authority and Historic England.
The final scheme has been to enclose the rear Shambles with a new glass roof to create a public meeting space which kept the feel of the old market.